Chitika Ad

Monday, June 4, 2012

E3 2012 - Update: Borderlands 2

Borderlands 2 (2012; 2k Games/Gearbox)
Borderlands was a pretty good RPG shooter that was only held back by limited level design and some pretty bland environments.  Note this is my opinion but I had a hard time maintaining interest.  Every time I'd play I'd like it for a while, then run out of steam.  Borderlands 2, however has, thus far, had a strong showing at E3.

The first, most noticeable difference is the game world.  We open on Pandora and find ourselves battling it out in a big urban landscape with big robots and running mercenaries firing upon us.  It looks just great.  I was awestruck by the inventiveness of the weapons employed in the demo and now Borderlands 2 is among my favorite games I've seen so far.

Gearbox is a talented developer and now that they appear to not be drawing themselves into an aesthetic corner with the new environments, I think we will see this company at their fullest potential.  With a September, 2012 release date, this is easily one of the most anticipated games of E3.  Good luck, Gearbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment